Are you looking for a good hotel management college to pursue a course in hotel management? Then look no further than the Sheila Raheja institute of hotel management as we provide one the best courses in hotel management in Mumbai. We have well qualified and competent faculty which prepare our students to face every challenge in the field of hotel management. Also to make our students aware of the practical aspects of hotel management we have our own virtual hotel where we teach them how to handle various circumstances in daily hotel management activities. We are also the recipient of education excellence awards in the year 2015.
Tuesday, 23 May 2017
Thursday, 20 April 2017
According to an online survey, the Indian hotel industry is expected to grow by 7% annually over the period of next ten years and thus the hotel industry has become an ocean of opportunities for every individual who want to make a name in the hospitality industry. However, before you enter the hotel industry, you must be a trained professional who understands every aspect of the industry. To become a trained professional, individuals join hotel management courses in a good hotel management college. One such institute is the Sheila Raheja Institute of Hotel management; which makes sure that every individual here is prepared to face every aspect of the hotel industry.
Tuesday, 11 April 2017
Food for you is just not what you eat, food for you is between creativity art and the taste of ingredients as natural as it is. In today’s age culinary is evolving at a fast pace and so is the barriers of culture along with the food put up in restaurants and commercial establishments. There are lots of food media courses in the market for such type of training and development which can help you as an individual to hone your culinary skills and be up-to-date with the competition of the same in today’s market.
Working in a modern commercial kitchen is not as easy as it seems, the talent patients and skill requires training and a hierarchical approach which can be grasped by you by participating in the following available courses such as;
• Classical techniques of cooking
• Culinary techniques in general
• Baking and pastry techniques
• Safety and hygiene maintenance
• Nutrition content of food items
• Menu planning and costing
• Garde manger
• Food and beverage operations management
• Food service technology
• Controlling and cost management
• Knowledge of world cuisine
• Functioning of an A-La-Carte kitchen
• Culinary art and more
In food media courses, you learn techniques and skill set that help you grow as a person and accomplish your dream to become a successful chef in today’s world of competition and advanced learning.
Today’s consumers have a very high expectation when comes to dining outside the quality and creativity has taken a leap in this century, thus following the trends and embracing these options in food media courses could lead an individual to success and a good skill set.
A lot of professionals and chefs has moved to become professionals in food media courses and training the style of food media presentations leading to becoming celebrities. A wide range of such classes and training are offered by those experienced chefs that can help you hone skills that are required to be a successful chef in the industry, some of these training include, food-centric communication and marketing skills along with expertise in food blogging, social media presentation, recipe writing and cookbook editing in more advanced stages of the training in different parts of the food media courses available.
These experienced food interpreters will also help you in terms of communicating food in the most professional manner and help to achieve new boundaries in the food and beverage industry along with help to get the most suitable job and exploring culinary careers in the most efficient manner.
After successfully completing this course, you can also become a food blogger. You can write about your special dishes and share it with your readers. So food journalism courses not only give the opportunity to become a chef but you can also do many other things and explore different fields related to it. If you need more information about it, please comment below.
Monday, 27 March 2017
According to an online report, the Indian hotel industry is expected to grow by approximately 7% annually for the coming decade. Thus, it is attracting individuals from every stratum of the society who want to make a name in the hotel industry. To transform these individuals into trained professionals, a number of courses in hotel management have come up. But only a few courses and colleges have been recognised as good institutes for hotel management. One such institute is the shield Raheja institute of hotel management in Mumbai. The institute has received several awards due to its detailed curriculum, experienced faculty and the practical approach to teaching.
Wednesday, 1 March 2017
If you want to make your career in the field of the hotel industry, then it is must for you to have hospitality or hotel management degree. There are many hotel management institutes in India which are offering good hotel management courses. Sheila Raheja Institute of Hotel Management is a renowned institute ofhotel management in the Mumbai. It offers various degree and diploma courses in hospitality and hotel management. We have experienced faculty that helps students to learn every small detail of the hotel industry. You also get good practical training with us. If you want to join our courses then call us or visit our website.
Wednesday, 22 February 2017
If you are considering career options or looking to change your career path, hotel management industry is one of the thriving sectors with large employment opportunities. A career in hotel management is truly glamorous with the industry being very dynamic.
Globalisation has resulted in the hotel management industry becoming global. With the rise in hotel industry, many hotel chains are opening their hotels in many countries. This offers good exposure, lifestyle, and remuneration. It is now one of the most sought after career options in recent years.
What constitutes Hotel Management Industry?
Key sectors of hotel management and hospitality industry are hotel and restaurant management,event planning, theme parks, transportation, cruise line, tourism industry. It is completely a customer oriented business. Customer service and customer satisfaction form the backbone of this industry.
Required Skill Set
Hotel management is completely a customer oriented business. Customer service and customer satisfaction form the backbone of this industry. It thus goes without saying that good people management skills is one of the most important factor for someone to work in this industry. The person who wishes to have a career in hotel management should have excellent communication skills. He/She should also be polite, patient, courteous, and friendly. The job also requires one to perform well in highly stressful conditions. One of the other key attributes is also the readiness and the ability to work at odd hours.
Courses Offered in Hotel Management
Listed below are the various courses offered in hotel management
· DHM – Diploma in Hotel Management
· BHM – Bachelor in Hotel Management
· PGDHM – Post Graduate Diplomain Hotel Management
· DHMCT – Diploma in Hotel Management and Catering Industry
· BHMCT – Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Industry
What are the Career Opportunities and Options?
While considering career options, it is very important to be aware of the opportunities and options in that particular industry. Below listed are a few career options for a person who has a degree in hotel management.
· Work in a hotel as a Manager
· Work as a consultant
· Start your own hotel.
Job Opportunities for people who wish to work in a hotel
· Hotel Managers – These are responsible for the efficient functioning of the hotel. These include the managers who look after specific departments like finance, day-to-day hotel operations, catering etc.
· Front Office Executives - The first point of contact with the customers. The front office manager supervises the information desk, receptionists.
· Sales and Marketing Executives – This team plays a major role in hotel management. They are involved in identifying the prospective customers, preparing customised stay packages,
· Food and Restaurant Service Managers – They look after the food and restaurant section.
· Housekeeping Managers – Manage housekeeping staff, see to it that hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times.
With the world becoming increasingly small, the hunger for people to travel and see new places is also increasing. It is prudent to say that hotel management industry is a currently booming industry with lots to offer for a person who chooses to opt for a career in this industry.
Friday, 17 February 2017
The world travel and tourism council has suggested that the Indian hotel industry will grow by approx. 7 percent annually over the course of next ten years. As a result of this growth, the demand for professionals in the hotel industry is on an all-time high. Many hotel management colleges in the country have started different courses to prepare an individual for every aspect of the hospitality industry. Some of the best hotel management colleges in Mumbai also provide job assistance to their students in some of the biggest names in the hotel industry. One such institute is the Sheila Raheja institute of hotel management which is known for its excellent academic programs and 100 percent job assistance.
Monday, 23 January 2017
Many high school students think hotel management course are limited to f & b management and housekeeping but least did they know about the variant opportunities of this industry. If you have a knack for delighting taste buds and at the same time would prefer journalism as graduation course, you should be surprised to know that certain renowned hotel management institutes offer food journalism courses.
Though many people take food journalism as a chef, but there are other career options of food journalism:
- • Restaurant Food critic expert
- • Nutrition writer
- • Food photography
- • Culinary Author
- • Professor
Check out the benefits of taking up food journalism as a subject:
• Since people’s indulgence in gastronomy is quite popular many small and big joints hire food critic experts, to review their restaurant and rate their service. These reviews are further published on social media networks, magazines and other media channels for further advertisements. The critic expert gets to taste a wide range of preparations and write about the taste and quality.
• If you are a health freak you should definitely try your luck as nutrition writer as there are quite a few nutrition writers available and this job is of high demand. But, the only thing you need to know other than healthy recipes, it is about food science and health effects of the nutrition food.
• Nowadays if you open the newspaper you will find many reviews, rating and pictures of the different restaurants and food platters, so if photography is one of your hidden passion, it's time to unleash and try your career in the same field.
• For people who are completely gastronomical and have a fair sense of creativity in trying new recipes, can write their recipes and preparation techniques on different blogging network. Comments and views can get you media exposure, so, on the other hand, you can always write down a recipe book and take up a career as a culinary author.
• You can also take up teaching as your profession in this hospitality industry, but for that, you need to have an M.Sc. in hospitality. Once you have a degree you can take classes for undergraduate students, or even take special classes for home science students.
Food media courses are pretty new to this industry and recently it is gaining popularity on different channels, media related workshop, media contests etc. If you are a foodie person being a food critic should be a dream job for you, especially when you get an exposure from both the industry. Moreover, if you possess the good skill and knowledge about the food you can become a renowned food journalist, as of now this opportunity is not at all saturated and has much wider opportunities to explore.
Monday, 16 January 2017
We all need a promising career and the ideal way to start your career is to pursue graduation in the field in which you have interest and where you can develop your skills. As we can see how the hospitality industry is growing and has wide opportunities all over the world, a career in this field has a lot of benefits. If you think of building prosperous careers check out the hotel management courses Mumbai.
Check out the courses for hotel management in our institution:
• B.Sc. (hospitality service): Bachelor degree is ideal for candidates looking forward to developing their career in hotel and hospitality service, this is three-year graduation course where a candidate is taught about all the fields of hotel industry like f&b service and management, housekeeping etc and enhance their skills for the same.
• M.Sc. (hotel & hospitality administration): M.Sc.in hotel management is apt for candidates who want to pursue a career as teachers or professors in this subject. Moreover, it has high value if you are pursuing the international career. This is a two-year course where a candidate is taught about different types of hospitality management which include subjects like tourism, cruise line, event, human resource, finance etc.
• BA (culinary arts): This specialised B.A. course for candidates looking forward to building their career as chef and bar experts. This is three-year graduation degree course especially for candidates to build their skills and gain expertise in culinary arts. The subject includes national and international culinary art subjects.
• Associated degree (culinary arts): This is a two-year full-time course ideal for candidates having the interest in culinary arts, here a candidate gets trained in developing their culinary art skills, this subject is more of practical training regard culinary crafts. On successful completion of this subject and candidate is directly promoted to B.A. third year.
• Associate degree in hospitality studies: This is two-year program basically conducted for introducing the hospitality operations and an initiative to escalate career prospects of the candidate. A candidate can pursue B.SC degree final year on successful attempt in this subject. The subject is apt for students who want to pursue a career in production.
Our institute is more focused on developing a candidate’s skill rather than the textual content, as we believe in lifting up the potential of the candidate and pay special attention to preparing the candidates for future and industrial exposure in their career. A candidate can select subject according to their interest and follow their interest in being a food critic or food journalist or F&B management or being a professor for hospitality management studies. There are abundant options to secure your career and interest in this field.